Thursday, August 12, 2010

Work, Work, and More Work.....

It's been a while since I posted to this blog but I vow to make it more often. I think it was a result of my summer break until Grad School starts. I began my summer with the intent of doing nothing however nothing turned into a lot of work. I wanted to give my mind a break until I started teaching at NYU as well as beginning my own Masters of Music curriculum.

My summer became interesting around July. I received a call from Wynton Marsalis Enterprises @ Jazz at Lincoln Center so I went from trying to relax to a working girl. I was excited for the call because I remember learning and hearing about Wynton throughout my childhood. In fact I just only completed my History of Jazz course the fall of Senior year and now I get the pleasure of saying that I have worked for Wynton Marsalis. It was an odd and different experience. I have been a classically trained musician my entire life and can have conversations about classical music and opera in particular.

I learned a great deal about myself in this internship. I am MEANT to be a PERFORMER. I am very business minded and savvy. I can come up with the concept and ideas. It was great because I was able to experience Wynton the artist as well as the business man. His name is his business his brand and I am glad that I was afforded the opportunity so to understand how to build my business my brand in music.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.1

No comments:

Post a Comment

(c) 2011 Aspiring Opera Singer Blog. All Rights Reserved.