Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Die Zauberflote - January 28, 2010

Hello All,

It has been quite some time, I know.  I have been busy becoming acclimated with my 1st semester of graduate school as both a student and professor.  I've also tried become an active singer within the New York City.  I recently worked with Amore Opera in the chorus of Die Fledermaus and as a cover for the Mother in Hansel and Gretel.  Currently, I am preparing for a performance of Die Zauberflote with New York Opera Studio as the 2nd Lady.

My schedule is quite busy for this upcoming term.  I will sing the role of Prince Orlofsky in Die Fledermaus at NYU, I am also preparing for the Reinhold Honors Recital at NYU, I will be preparing the role of Musetta from La Boheme in addition to the roles I must learn for summer programs.  I am excited for the challenges and all that awaits.  I also intend to learn the roles of Clara and Serena from Porgy & Bess if time permits, as well as Pamina in Die Zauberflote.  I currently know the role of Prince Orlofsky so I can dedicate more time to learning new material and worry about staging and evolving my idea and the directors of the Prince.  I will write more as my musical life begins to unfold.  I'm slowly but surely getting there.

In regards to my summer plans I have auditioned for both Brevard, and Chautauqua Music Festival in which I am waiting to hear from both.  I have auditions coming up for Opera in the Ozarks, and Georgia State Harrower.  I may also apply to dell'Arte Opera Ensemble 2011 Standard Repertoire Project.  I am looking forward to an exciting spring semester and an even better summer learning experience.

Leanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

(c) 2011 Aspiring Opera Singer Blog. All Rights Reserved.