Monday, February 8, 2010

Post-Grad School Audition Review

My graduate school audition went GREAT!!!  I came prepared with my pieces to sing however, I only preformed two of them, my French aria and English piece.  We discussed meeting with voice teachers and having a sample lesson with some once I am available.  I am so excited.  It is such a wonderful feeling to be able to say that I am going to GRADUATE SCHOOL.  I will be working on a Masters of Music next school year in a city that I love dearly.

Now the next question is money and how am I going to pay for graduate school.  I have applied for a fellowship and scholarships at the school however; there are scholarships available for the audition process.  I made a point of asking about scholarships and available funds to pay for my program.

I had worked myself up into a nervous energy about the sight-singing and verbal theory test but it all turned out in my favor.  I cannot wait until I receive official notification from the school.  This is a huge catapult in my development and in my goals of becoming a successful Opera Singer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

(c) 2011 Aspiring Opera Singer Blog. All Rights Reserved.